The overall objectives of Apps to help with the pandemic fall into the following major categories:
reduce the number of infections;
improve the recovery of infected people;
understand the disease better;
reduce economic impact of the pandemic.
To address these objectives, we have found the following strategies implemented in Apps. They can typically be implemented using a variety of implementation choices with various pro’s and con’s.
- Attestation of Recovery
- Enables an individual to prove that they have successfully recovered from the disease.
- Case Management
- Functionality by which cases can be managed.
- Contact Tracing
- Trace contacts with potentially infectious others.
- Data Collection on Disease Progression
- Collect medical data on a patient's disease progression.
- Home Monitoring
- Monitor patients sick at home.
- Local Outbreak News Bulletin
- Provides local news about the outbreak.
- Local Outbreak News Map
- Provides a local map about the outbreak
- Local Outbreak News Statistics
- Provides local statistics about the outbreak
- Location monitoring
- Notify authorities when an individual changes location
- Promote app to friends
- Makes it easy to promote using the app to friends